Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the Law.
Welcome to the first post on the Thelema Sorcery blog. In this post I'd like to explain what Thelema Sorcery is and you should read it and comment on it. Thelema Sorcery is an experiment in sorcery based on my Thelemic faith and on the format of Thelemic ritual(s).
I am a thelemite, and I practice results-oriented magick (hence the term “sorcery”) in a Thelemic framework. At this point in my work I am entering certain areas of work for which I'd llike to have peer review, so I will post my methods, records of working and results: you can comment, give hints and, hopefully, enrich my (and maybe yours) perspective about what is being done and the efficacy of the magick involved.
The starting point is very simple: I think that “success is your proof” applies to both spiritual and material success, and I search a further developments of my work in BOTH AREAS.
Please note that my works is meant to be firmly rooted in the rituals of the Thelemic canon, whose adaptability has, in my humble opinion anyway, greatly overlooked and unimplemented. An example: I remember reading, years ago, an article in which the writer complained about magicians declaring themselves thelemites and then practicing “the same old boring Golden Dawn stuff” again and again; he then went on giving one of his “thelemic” rituals, which had no connection whatever to the formats one finds in the Thelemic canon apart for some names of Egyptian gods. Notwithstanding the fact that A LOT of the “same old boring Golden Dawn stuff” IS part of Thelemic Magick (just read Liber O and you'll see it for yourself), perhaps this guy thought he had gone beyond the rituals published and practiced by the Prophet. His likely next move could as well have been a fourth chapter of AL, or some new Class A text.
So expect to find a lot of pentagrams and hexagrans here, with many bonuses added.
Before the show starts, one last thing: even if you have the right to write as ye will, a few rules/suggestions could be useful.
A – Thelema Sorcery is about the technical sides of results-oriented magick, so please content yourselves with discussing the technical details of what I'll post.
B – Discussions on Thelemic philosophy are welcome, but please keep them to a minimum.
C – Discussions on magickal orders are NOT welcome. Rants about “my OTO is bigger/better/louder/hairier than your” or “you're not A.'.A.', I am” will most likely be deleted. I like such discussions now and then, and I have my own point of view on these matters, but please, this is about practical magick.
D – Please don't come telling me that what I'm doing is wrong if I post details of spells you see as un-Thelemic. If I do a spells it means I've thought a lot about it, seen all the sides of the issue involved and found proper justification by appeal to the writings of the Prophet. Read (or re-read) Liber 633. You can, however, suggest alternative points of view: I will take them into deep consideration... and then do my Will.
All for now, end of preliminary rant.
Love is the law, love under will.
martedì 15 dicembre 2009
Iscriviti a:
Commenti sul post (Atom)
Nessun commento:
Posta un commento